By Joe Pinter, News Editor, @JPinter93
October 26, 1931
After a fire on campus, the St. Bonaventure church was built in Allegany as a new home for the Franciscan parish.
Built in the English Gothic Style, the church is located across the street from the old church of St. Nicholas.
The church underwent massive renovations in 1978, altering the exterior and interior.
It was on this day that the church was opened and dedicated to St. Bonaventure.