By Joe Pinter, News Editor, @JPinter93
This Day in Bonaventure History
January 22, 1993
The St. Bonaventure Post Office has been around since 1907, but what’s more interesting is how many times the office has moved.
When established, it was located in the baseball of Lynch (De La Roche) Hall. Coincidentally, the first postmaster was Rev. Alexander Hickey, O.F.M.
Then in 1947, because of an increase in business, the office was moved to a much larger area in the new Administration Building. However, a separate building for the post office was still desired by the university.
In 1965, a post office was built in between Devereux Hall and Robinson & Falconio Halls. This would only last 27 years.
When the new Quick Arts Center was built, the post office has to be demolished to make room. It was on this day that the university moved to post office where a lounge had been, on the first floor of the Reilly Center.