By Joe Pinter, News Editor, @JPinter93
This Day in Bonaventure History
March 5, 1856
Bishop John Timon’s diary was donated to the Friedsam Memorial Library at St. Bonaventure University shortly after his death. His diary focused mainly on the Franciscans, the Devereux family and the new university in Allegany, N.Y.
It was on this day that Bishop Timon wrote about the ongoing establishment of Bonaventure. He and the other Franciscans were busy putting together the new liberal arts school. He wrote about going to confession, preaching, heading to Allegany and meeting with John Devereux after evening mass.
The new school opened roughly two years later.